Saturday, September 17, 2005

Epiphany or Just Mental Overload?

Have you ever been in a place where you wanted to retain absolutely everything you were experiencing and learning? Have you ever heard someone say something and thought, "If only I had the ability to communicate in such a succinct, yet profound way..."? Have you ever finished reading hundreds of pages and longed for total recall?
All right, by now you probably can't decide if this is really a blog entry or a "memory enhancement" commercial. Honestly though, being in seminary or most any graduate school, I would guess, is fraught with these kind of moments. I am told to take comfort in not so much the day to day intake, but the overarching trajectory of the time spent here. Either way, it's no small request to look over a stack of books and see a future goal.

Before I go, let me leave you with something less weighty. We wanted post more pictures, but then realized we don't have any more pictures worth posting. I suppose we could give a tour of our neighborhood or a photo documentary of the numerous dogs around here, but I don't think if would be the best use your time, nor ours for that matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger lbrodine said...

okay first off, random other comment...

second, I feel you man. I mean, how can I be expected to be in Old Testament 1, Bible Survey (whole Bible in 13 weeks... woot), Hebrew 1, and Early/Medieval Church History, and not wish that I could spend a year's worth of time on each! Today in OT, we covered 4 Chapters of Genesis! 3 hours! If I got to spend a good 3 hours on 4 chapters, I can't imagine how long we would spend on the whole of Scripture... and how amazing would that be!

Drink deep my friend, even though it's like trying to sip from the fire hose

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home